Raffia Bag Kit & Online Workshop 2
This kit includes everything you need to create your own plaited raffia shoulder bag (20cm wide x 23cm high) with a leather strap.
The Raffia Bag Kit & Online Workshop No. 2 (Advanced) includes:
• Access to the Online Workshop “How to Make a Raffia Basket No. 2” by Craft School Oz
• 3 x 50g bundles of raffia from The Raffia Connection or Nutscene
• 1 x Chenille needle
• 1 x Leather shoulder or cross-body strap (choice of Natural or Tan)
• Clip-on, swivelling attachments in Antique Bronze metal (no tools required)
The Online Workshop titled “How to Make a Raffia Basket No. 2" (Advanced) contains more advanced skills for creating coiled baskets and bags using raffia. You can return to the workshop as often as you like. Covering new techniques and exploring creative ideas, the course includes:
• Oval baskets
• Shaping around a form, including bottles and a container
• Creating coloured patterns
• The cutest rectangular bag
• How to make cord / string
• And some more handles and straps to incorporate into your work
It is recommended that you complete How to Make a Raffia Basket No. 1 (an introduction to making coiled baskets) before enrolling in this more advanced workshop. You will be able to combine what you learn from both workshops to create your own unique pieces.
The bag is pictured here in our Citrus hand-dyed raffia, but the good news is that you can choose your colour preference from our range of 37 raffia colours. Just use the Notes section when ordering to let us know the names of your preferred raffia colour (maximum of 3). If no preference is stated, the raffia colour "Citrus" will be provided (as per the bundles of raffia in the photo).
The leather strap is available in Natural or Tan. Please also use the Notes section to indicate your preferred colour. If no preference is stated, the leather colour "Natural" will be provided.
Premium Quality Raffia
Sustainably grown and harvested in Madagascar
Hand dyed in Melbourne Australia
Note: As raffia is a natural product, dye colours and weight may vary. The colour of this product may differ from the colour displayed on your monitor or device. Length of raffia pieces are approximately 1 metre to 1.5 metres.