This kit includes everything you need to create your own plaited raffia shoulder bag (20cm wide x 23cm high) with a leather strap.
The Raffia Bag Kit & Online Course No. 2 (Advanced) includes:
• Access to the Online Course “How to Make a Raffia Basket No. 2” by Craft School Oz
• 3 x 50g bundles of raffia from The Raffia Connection or Nutscene
• 1 x Chenille needle
• 1 x Leather shoulder or cross-body strap (choice of Natural or Tan)
• Clip-on, swivelling attachments in Antique Bronze metal (no tools required)
The Online Course titled “How to Make a Raffia Basket No. 2" (Advanced) contains more advanced skills for creating coiled baskets and bags using raffia. You can return to the course as often as you like. Covering new techniques and exploring creative ideas, the course includes:
• Oval baskets
• Shaping around a form, including bottles and a container
• Creating coloured patterns
• The cutest rectangular bag
• How to make cord / string
• And some more handles and straps to incorporate into your work
The leather strap is available in Natural or Tan. Please also use the Notes section to indicate your preferred colour. If no preference is stated, the leather colour "Natural" will be provided.
Premium Quality Raffia
Sustainably grown and harvested in Madagascar
Hand dyed in Melbourne Australia
Note: As raffia is a natural product, dye colours and weight may vary. The colour of this product may differ from the colour displayed on your monitor or device. Length of raffia pieces are approximately 1 metre to 1.5 metres.
Get a sneak peek on upcoming promos and get 10% off your first order!