This kit includes everything you need to start creating raffia covered bottles, using the blanket stitch technique.
The Raffia Bottle Kit & Online Course No. 2 includes:
• Access to the Online Course “How to Make a Raffia Basket No. 2” by Craft School Oz
• 3 x 50g bundles of raffia from The Raffia Connection or Nutscene (enough raffia for 3 small to medium sized bottles)
• 1 x Chenille needle
• 1 x glass bottle 12cm high x 5cm base diameter. You can also recycle your own glass bottles or find them in your local op shop or thrift store.
The Online Course titled “How to Make a Raffia Basket No. 2" (Advanced) contains more advanced skills for creating coiled baskets and bags using raffia. You can return to the course as often as you like. Covering new techniques and exploring creative ideas, the course includes:
• Oval baskets
• Shaping around a form, including bottles and a container
• Creating coloured patterns
• The cutest rectangular bag
• How to make cord / string
• And some more handles and straps to incorporate into your work
Premium Quality Raffia
Sustainably grown and harvested in Madagascar
Hand dyed in Melbourne Australia
Note: As raffia is a natural product, dye colours and weight may vary. The colour of this product may differ from the colour displayed on your monitor or device. Length of raffia pieces are approximately 1 metre to 1.5 metres.
Get a sneak peek on upcoming promos and get 10% off your first order!